Paid to Dance...
I was taking to a stunning brunette who was curiously standing at the W Hotel Bar all alone. I started talking to her by commenting that she had really good posture. She said she studied ballet and was visiting NYC by herself from South Beach, Fl. I said I had a condo in West Palm so she gave me her email to touch base next time I was down there.
Then a good song came on and I said "we should dance." She then said "I get paid for this." From her stare I jumped to the conclusion that she was a hooker, so I walked away. In hindsight I may have been too hasty and now I'm thinking that perhaps I should introduce her to my friend Eric who produces Broadway Shows to help her out.
So my question is: Do you think I should offer her this kind of networking opportunity?
Then a good song came on and I said "we should dance." She then said "I get paid for this." From her stare I jumped to the conclusion that she was a hooker, so I walked away. In hindsight I may have been too hasty and now I'm thinking that perhaps I should introduce her to my friend Eric who produces Broadway Shows to help her out.
So my question is: Do you think I should offer her this kind of networking opportunity?

6 Comments:
At 5:30 PM,
Anonymous said…
Why would you want to help a total stranger get a job? She could be some kind of psycho in which case your friend would be really pissed. Or she could be extremely untalented in which case your friend would be really pissed. And if she was alone from 'South Beach,' she was definitely a hooker.
At 11:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
How will you intoduce her to Eric?
"Hi Eric. Need any probable hookers for your shows?"
At 8:55 AM,
Anonymous said…
For the money she makes and the men she meets... she doesnt need your help
At 12:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
Agreed. If she's hanging at the W, she's obviously higher than street-level hooker and is making a considerable amount more $ than a starving dancer...
At 2:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
Much of successful [or successful] dating has to do with timing. Timing is what separates the novices from the veterans. When a man stands around a woman waiting to work up the courage to talk to
her, she ends up thinking he is a psycho. We he's too fast, he's a player.
Had you been slightly more lyrical in this situation, you might have answered her with some wit.
Scenario:
[A man and attractive woman stand at a bar, they are talking - a great song comes on over the radio...]
CASS: "we should dance."
STUNNING BRUNETTE: "I get paid for this."
CASS: [wryly] "Are you that good of a dancer?"
STUNNING BRUNETTE: PAUSES, MOMENTARILY SPEECHLESS
CASS: "Or do you just spin men around as a profession?"
Had you lingered, you more likely would have answered your own curiosities about her vocation.
At 7:16 AM,
Julian Cervantes said…
Cass, it's obvious that she's a stripper...I also have faced this dilemma and have tried on many occasions to help these girls network....your best bet is to let go....no matter how good looking she is! She you at Nikki Beach!
Post a Comment
<< Home